Hello my name is kim and I am an alcoholic.
Oops, wrong meeting! (pause for laugh!)
Hi I'm justKim, I am...
- a Master Gardener of Prince William County, VA, class of 2017.
- a photographer, (www.justkim.com), so attracting native wildlife to my garden to thrive - and to be photographed IS my ultimate goal.
- Native plants - more native plants to attract the native critters, of course! And attack / removal of the invasives that might threaten my little patch of soil.
- a Mom to two beautiful, mostly grown, teenage boys. I also have a hunny and an Uncle Adam too. My boyz!!
- Programs I love
- MGPW Teaching Garden - where I work in the Natives Bed with some amazing and incredibly knowledgeable people. Working in the teaching garden was, when i started, and continues to be where I continue to learn the most. My happy place! :0)
- Audubon at Home - certifying area properties in the Backyard Sanctuary program
- Summer garden help and bees presentation at local pre-school
- PWC Animal Shelter - I also help photographing and fostering for local animal advocacy groups.
- When I first started off as a Master Gardener I was completely focused on native perennials that I could bring to my yard. I was also vegetable gardening, seed starting, collecting any plant that anybody handed me and LOVING IT!
- These days I'm chasing our native Carolina praying mantises and Monarch Butterflies and Leopard slugs with my camera, (EEEW!). But those are photography projects! In the garden, my interests have turned toward vermiculture, soil biology and composting strategies, as well as bee keeping and some aquaponics! Yes. That's right, I do tend to bounce around a lot. I'm justKim. nice to meet ya!! :0D
- I have a bee hive! It's placed and setup and maybe ready for bees next spring, (2023).
- Composting and vermiculture with a sidecar of soil biology: All life is built on basic natural processes and the very best thing i can bring to my garden are the beautiful things that are already here! Leave it alone. let it rot. Feed it to the living. :0) DerGAWD i love nature!!!
*up arrow* That's me. My plan for introducing myself. My "who am I" for use at assorted meetings or gatherings or events when it might be necessary. Those types of situations absolutely terrify me. So I write down my name so I won't forget it. :0) But here's the funny thing - this is the first time I've said it "out loud." in its' entirety. So I had this thought. I've always considered my thoughts & junk more like incessant rambles inside my head because the stream just.never.stops. Anybody relate to that one?! They roll on (and on and on and on) without control or consideration. But there's some method to the madness in there - all the things i've learned about over the years - the plants and the weeds and the bugs and the soil - the genius of how they all play a part and work together - it's all just pretty incredible, dontcha think? And, for those who haven't met me, photography is my jam. It's my happy place and showing off the tiny beautiful things I find brings me such joy!!!! And I may bounce around from thing to thing but it's only cause there's so many beautiful things that I want to do! AND I'm super blessed with a beautiful place to bounce - so here we go!